Last Updated on September 13, 2023 by Emily
How much time do you spend on a typical day taking care of your body?
Stress, work, family commitments can affect your health and well-being. Add that you may also have little time for healthy physical activity and here the muscles begin to show the first signs of impatience.
The most common thing for those looking for a quick remedy for muscle pain is to immediately target an electric massager with the hope that it can solve the problem without paying the right attention to the real cause of the problem.
22 Best Electric Massagers That Deserve Your Attention!
Choosing the best electric massager is not only a question of price or a quick reading of the reviews, but it involves for you that you have the problem, a targeted search among the various types of electric massagers that are present on the market in order to identify the specific massager to solve your problem.
What causes muscle pain? If the muscle contracts for too long (read it as little physical activity or the maintenance of wrong postures) “knots” form on the muscle and this creates what are normally called muscle knots that any good professional or manual electric massager tries to untie thanks to the specific operating characteristics.
Electric Massager Benefits
If you cannot go to a professional masseur’s office, and spend several hundred Euros for all the sessions of the treatment, you can choose to rely on a good electric massager to imitate his movements directly at your home, saving time and money. Although even the most common electric vibrator may seem complete, you should know that each massager has a specific massage function specifically designed for that product. You can choose the electric massager based on a few simple precautions, which will allow you to obtain maximum benefits for the area of the body to be treated.
You can have the massager that works best for pressure, the one that makes it best for rubbing or that has the least annoying kneading function, but the most suitable heat function during body massage and that’s why we will evaluate together the pros and cons of your next electric massager.
Why Use an Electric Massager?
There are several reasons to buy an electric massager, but for convenience here is a summary with the top 9 reasons why you should have one at home when you need it:
- It Reduces Stress and Anxiety: During a massage, the brain releases substances through neurotransmitters that are able to lower stress levels and reduce the accumulation of anxiety. that’s why an anxiety and stress massager is ideal for daily use.
- Reduces Muscle Tension: Through the classic kneading technique, muscle tissues regain elasticity and consequently, all muscle rigidity tends to cancel. If also combined with physical activity, as a sports electric massager for sure it helps to limit and prevent muscle injuries
- The Electric Massager Improves Sleep: The release of serotonin during the massage manages to give you that feeling of calm and tranquillity that is indispensable for sleeping immediately at night and having a good restful sleep.
- It Helps Relieve Pain: If you have pain in the neck, neck, or back, the best solution without taking medications is that of a specific massage for the type of problem. Regular use of electric body massagers will only have positive results and immediate benefits to your well-being. A good electric massager has, among other functions, also improve blood circulation. By stimulating the circulation, the blood flows better from the areas where normally little circulates. For example, in a good electric massager for the feet and legs, you can find the compression function to push the blood from where the circulation is usually more difficult.
- It Helps Relieve Tension Headaches: The origins of headaches could also be sought from muscle contractures on the face, neck, and scalp. A good electric scalp massager, or an electric neck and shoulder cervical massager, can be of great help as remedies for your constant headaches
- Increased Joint Movement: If you can loosen your muscles, you can benefit from greater flexibility and with constant use, increase your joint movements that have been blocked for too long.
- Better Nervous System: By removing muscle tension with a vibrating electric massager, the nervous system also finds the benefits of a perfect balance between well-being and physical fitness.
- Improve Your Mood: Living a healthy life without stress is essential for the right balance. Regular use of the best massage therapists against stress allows you to change your mood too. If you are relaxed, your social relationships will also benefit in a short time.
- It Helps to Recover from Intense Workouts: You don’t need to be a professional athlete to understand the importance of a toned body. If you play sports, for example after a long run, an electric or manual foot massager can help you to relax and relax your muscles. Alternatively, you can always use a massage gun to act directly on the muscles.
Electric Massager, Which One to Choose?
If you are in doubt about which electric massager to choose, you need to know that your choice may be based on several factors. You can choose an electric massager from a few tens of euros up to a few thousand, but to help you let’s see what are the categories in which you can choose.
Best Electric Massagers
Here are the best Electric Massage Chair
Real Relax Massage Chair – Best Electric Massage Chair
Let’s start immediately with the experience of the most complete electric massager. The massage chair will allow you to have a complete and enveloping body massage. You can start the massage programs with a simple button starting from the neck to the tip of the feet. There are several types of massage that you can use with these massage chairs and that will make the experience unique.
HOMCOM Luxury Heated Vibrating Recliner Chair – Best Massage Reclining ArmChair
Let’s move on to a massage chair with both swivel and reclining functions.
- Its “rocking” function is characteristic which makes it very appreciated by those people who love being able to swing on the chair.
- The chair is equipped with 8 massage points: 2 for the thighs, 2 for the legs, 2 for the lumbar muscles, and 2 for the upper back. All with multiple functions and massage intensity.In this way, it is complete in all areas, even if the intensity of the massage seemed very delicate to us (which can be positive or negative depending on your point of view).
- The material is imitation leather (PVC) with cotton padding. The general comfort is high, and in fact, among the strengths, it must be said that the adjustment of the seat makes the armchair really adaptable to all types of tastes.
- It is equipped with 2 cup holders (which is much more useful than you might think) and also has the possibility of being reclined manually. The backrest can be reclined as well as the leg rest forward.
- The latter function should be noted that it can only be performed manually. An electric motor for this double function would certainly have raised the price a lot.
An elegant armchair, well structured, and really comfortable. What makes it one of the best is the price: it is one of the very few good quality massage chairs that manages to be pocket friendly
GURU – The Best aesthetic massage chair
- If we are looking for a chair with a true personality and suitable for any type of furniture, we do not go further.
- The Shiatsu massage chair is a range of armchairs with a modern style specific for the Shiatsu massage by means of rollers able to rise and fall at different heights.
- Another impressive thing about this chair is the excellent performance of pressure therapy, a type of massage (which we will describe later) that is usually only offered in the highest range armchairs, but which in this case is incorporated among the functions of the chair. In particular, he will be able to massage the upper and lower back, the hips, the buttocks, or the thighs therapeutically.
- The mechanism is based on massage rollers capable of moving vertically by massaging two areas of the body simultaneously: the upper and lower areas. It is up to us to decide whether to have a massage of the two areas simultaneously, only above or only below.
- If the massage function is among the most complete and pleasant in the whole category, the accessory functions are worthy of a top of the range chair.
- Among the accessory functions, we find a USB access for recharging and even two BlueTooth speakers behind the armchair. The result is a very deep and widespread sound throughout the environment around those who are in the armchair. It was created specifically to try to reproduce the conditions of relaxation in a professional massage centre (Shen).
We are certainly talking about a massage chair of the highest level, both in terms of the quality of the massage and in terms of the ability to create a relaxing and comfortable environment for those who occupy it.
Excellent materials and structure, solid to the point of being a top of the range. Finally, on an aesthetic level, we found it truly valuable and suitable for any type of furniture.
VidaXL -Best Ergonomic Electric Massage Chair
Remember that a massage chair with an airbag , on-board computer, ” zero gravity ” function, and all the major top-of-the-range functions can easily cost between 3000 and 5000 euros.VidaXL has decided to attack the market by positioning a top of the range armchair in a price range that is clearly lower than normal.Trying to summarize, the main features that convinced us are:
- This massage chair is the most luxurious one we’ve seen so far and offers a range of different intensity levels and shiatsu massage settings.
- Allows adjustment in multiple positions, with ergonomic design, the possibility of reducing the pressure on the spine and adjustable footrest.
- The feet of the rollers can soothe tired feet from standing all day, and the heat therapy setting is ideal for relaxing the muscles stiffened by the curvature on the desk.
- Total adjustment of the possible inclinations, up to the ” zero gravity ” position, for maximum muscle comfort. It molds itself on the shape of the person, relieving the pressure on the spine.
- On-screen control panel with different massage modes and intensities, timer.
- Noise-canceling technology.
- Roller for the foot massage. It also allows a massage of the lower part of the feet, from the sole to the heel.
- 12 airbags for massage of calves, thighs, lower and upper back, cervical.
- Massage function (with rollers) on the soles of the feet.
- 11 heating points body, for better relaxation of the muscles.
- Timer, possibility to modify massage intensities, different types of massage to choose from.
A top of the range massage chair, at a price that is more than half of any other top of the range. From the timer to the zero gravity position, from the heating to the roller-airbag massage.The high-end massage chair that remains a bargain when compared to any other on its level.
F9 4D Massage Chair – Best Zero gravity massage chair
The zero gravity massage chairs are not only aesthetically attractive, but many are made in zero gravity, giving you the most ergonomically correct position as a full-body massage chair.You might be happy to know that even zero gravity massage chairs are built with an S shape that will allow its effective rollers to work with the curvature of the spine, penetrating deeply into hard-to-reach areas.With the electric massage relax chairs you can relax, while experiencing the compression and release of the overloaded muscles by means of the airbags.
Some of the Best Electric Percussion Massagers are:
Renpho Handheld Massager – Top percussion Massager For Back Pain
Do you often suffer from muscle pain and are you looking for an electric massager that can relieve your tensions if necessary? Why don’t you take a look at Renpho, the best electric percussion massager, it’s very handy to always carry with you.
It is 40 cm long overall and has a comfortable handle which makes it particularly handy so that you can easily position it on the part of the body you want to treat. For even better versatility, it works wirelessly and has a powerful 2600 mAh battery, which ensures over 140 minutes of treatment: no wires that can hinder your movements.
With this electric massager, you can safely treat your back, muscles, neck, shoulders, arms, legs, calf, and joints. It reduces muscle tension thanks to a percussion massager that reaches very deep. To offer you an all-round action and meet all your needs, it is equipped with 5 interchangeable heads, each with a specific peculiarity.
NURSAL Massager – Best Economic Electric Massager
Do you have frequent muscle pain but you are unable to pay for sessions at a specialized center? So why not try to take a look at the best non-professional electric massagers on the market?
If you do not want to spend a lot but want to have a quality product, we recommend the Nursal, the best economic electric massager of 2020. It is an ergonomic electric massager with a rather original design that works with percussion massages. You can eliminate fatigue, stress, and tension, getting to massage the muscle tissue deep enough. Not only that, its massage is so effective that it also improves blood circulation and muscle flexibility.
In order to offer you maximum versatility, it is equipped with 6 interchangeable heads, designed to act in a specific way on specific areas, with a more or less concentrated action. Once the head suitable for your needs is inserted, choose the speed by turning the appropriate knob and you’re done. It is really very simple to use and you can choose a more delicate massage or a more intense massage.
Hangsun Percussion Massager – Best Electric Percussion Massager
We conclude our buying advice on how to choose a good back massager with the one proposed by Hangsun. This model is ideal for those suffering from major muscle contractures, as it is percussion and exerts a vibratory movement that frees from the accumulated lactic acid.
Thanks to the interchangeable heads it is possible to treat different areas, from the trapeziums to the cervical, from the middle of the shoulder to the lumbar area. You can also set the desired speed by simply adjusting it using the dedicated button.
Users appreciate the non-slip grip, which makes it easy to hold it in their hand, but they warn about the heaviness of this object, which becomes quite difficult to use for a self-massage.
The price is very affordable, especially for the presence of accessories included in the package, even if it is a fairly noisy item and that arrives with incomplete instructions, which do not give indications on where it is preferable not to use it.
Best Electric Massager For Neck Pain
Homedics Massage Seat –Best Massager for Neck and Back Pain
Homedics has produced ideal support for those who wish to have effective help at home with which they can reduce and dissolve the tensions accumulated throughout the day. Easy to position, it works in different massage modes and styles, all designed to relax and improve the back and neck area.
The shape of the seat is designed to best adapt to the physiognomy and build of different users, so as to achieve a satisfying massage for everyone. The materials aim for pleasantness and comfort that wants to reproduce the pleasantness of a session with a flesh and blood massager.
For this reason, a breathable coating was chosen, so as to simplify and make the whole massage session even softer.
The main advantage of this massager is its ease of installation and the management of the various massage parts meet the choice of a user who wishes to vary and modify as much as possible the areas on which the massage points work.
Naipo Shiatsu Neck & Back Massager – Cheap Massage Seat For Back and Neck Pain
The Naipo electric back massager is an excellent object to own, as it not only does its duty but it also does it well and with care! In fact, the product is equipped with a massager roll that acts throughout the back through 3D knots, that is, which comes out slightly and therefore guarantees an even more intense and relaxing result.
This low-cost product also diffuses heat to improve blood circulation and the feeling of greater comfort, guaranteeing an even more effective action.
The back option also comes with four different knots that mimic the movement of the hands by massaging some parts and at the same stimulating and relaxing the muscles. This product is also proposed with the possibility of seat vibration, in order to also massage the buttocks, promote blood circulation, and in general to improve pleasure and relaxation to the person.
This electric back massager, in addition to being an excellent product in terms of quality, efficiency, and durability, also offers the buyer a very important option that can really make you want to buy it or a complete guarantee. It is not only possible to change it if broken if there are malfunctions or factory defects, but this product can also be returned within 30 days without having to state the reasons: satisfied or refunded!
Medisana- Best Shiatsu Massage Seat
Medisana is an absolute level massage seat belonging to a high price range. There are several special functions and various types of massage: shiatsu, acupuncture, and specific treatment for the cervical area.
In addition, there is also a separate vibrating massage on the seat. The heating function allows you to integrate the power of heat into the massage. One of the many advantages of this model concerns the possibility of being unlined, so as to make washing easier.
Thanks to its three functions, the treatment is targeted: reflexogenic massage (Shiatsu), with acupressure and heat.
The thermal function can only be used together with the Shiatsu massage in the dorsal area, but the massage to the cervical area and the one with acupressure in the sitting surface and in the waist area can also be activated.
After about 15 minutes the appliance switches off automatically. The neck lining is detachable and washable.
- Auto Power Off
- TV remote
- Kneading neck massage: thanks to shiatsu massage it reduces neck stiffness. The height is adjustable and removable fabric case for washing.
- Fixed point back massage: you can choose a specific area of the back to apply shiatsu massage.
- Vibrating massage session with 3 levels of intensity
- Heat function.
- Auto power off after 15 minutes.
It is an electronic massage seat and a valid neck and back massager, perfect for cervical massage. All available functions can be adjusted using the remote control that can be stored on the side. The surface of the device is breathable and easy to clean. It includes an adapter to be used in the car too, but, please, not while driving.
if you need a shiatsu back and neck massager then these are the best option for you.
Naipo Pillow-Best Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager
The main mission of the Naipo company is to provide convenient, comfortable and reliable massage products that use modern technologies and support healthier lifestyles. The company focuses on traditional and contemporary therapy.
This second model of the company that we had the opportunity to test, has an ergonomic and attractive design, completely black in color. Like the model analyzed previously, here too we have the presence of 4 knots that provide a Shiatsu massage, which helps relieve and relax muscle tensions after a long day of work.
HEATING OF THE CERVICAL AREA
This cervical massager is also equipped with an advanced heating function, with an intelligent protection system against overheating of the circuit which calms the heat of muscles, ligaments, and tendons.
The neck massage cushion is ergonomic and features a W-shaped design, which perfectly fits the shape of the neck. It is a perfect appliance to be used on the lower and upper areas of the back, neck, abdomen, calf, and thigh.
Nursal Massage pillow – The Best Electric Massage Pillow
NURSAL is a company that manufactures many massage products. In our latest review, we have dealt with an inexpensive but effective cervical massage cushion.
This massager is equipped with 8 balls, four for massage, and 4 for heating the neck. Work on tired muscles in four different ways, including clockwise massage, clockwise heating massage, counterclockwise massage, and counterclockwise heating massage.
Furthermore, it is very simple to use, thanks also to the presence of a convenient remote control, connected directly to the pillow.
3D MASSAGE FUNCTION
The heat that is emitted by the 4 integrated spheres is effective for heating and calming aching muscles. Furthermore, it is not necessary to use it if its presence is not required, in fact, it can be easily activated and deactivated, if not necessary.
If the temperature of the cervical pillow exceeds 70 ° C, the safety system starts and automatically switches the appliance off. In addition, again for safety reasons, this appliance is equipped with an automatic shut down after 15 minutes of use.
Homedics – Best Homedics pillow massager
A shiatsu massage sitting comfortably in your armchair. The power is in the remote control, which allows you to adjust the various modes offered by the pillow. Clockwise and counterclockwise, for a unique sensation not only in the back and neck but also in the arms, legs, and feet.
Features and functions:
- Brown and suede, it is equipped with an elastic band that allows it to be adapted to chairs and armchairs.
- It is possible to warm it, to give greater relief to the painful parts, and activate the vibration.
- Two speeds and clockwise and counterclockwise rotation, in order not to leave out any critical points.
- Four-button remote control to select modes and add heat and vibration. It can be conveniently stored in its case, located on one side of the product.
- The top cover is removable and washable. This detail also makes it suitable for everyone and easy to use.
- Very long power cable, so as not to have any positioning difficulties.
TheraGun G3 Pro– Best Electric Massage Gun For Athletes
The Theragun G3PRO is specially designed for professionals, the most powerful solution for intense muscle action, rapid heating and recovery, and pain relief.
Theragun is the manufacturer of an entire line of percussion massage devices that are increasingly popular both among sportsmen, even professionals and among those who need percussion therapy to soothe joint and muscle pain caused by incorrect postures prolonged over time.
Percussion therapy is not an absolute novelty since massage therapists have always used it in their treatments, but sometimes it can be more effective, both as a self-massage and if it is practiced by a professional, to reach muscles that would otherwise be too much difficult or too painful to reach.
The advantages of a percussion gun like Theragun are the massaging force and the depth of muscle penetration, as a relief from muscle pain after a sports workout or caused by incorrect postures.
Check Out Other alternatives of Theragun G3 Pro
Naipo – The Best massager for Back and Neck Pain
With its characteristic U-shape, it is suitable to be used not only for neck and shoulders but also for massaging other parts of the body.
Its flexibility allows you to apply different types of massage depending on the area to be treated and thanks to its rotating heads it is possible to obtain the benefit of 3D massage.
The first impact is of a product of good workmanship to the touch, the imitation leather fabric immediately makes it feel enveloping and pleasant to “wear”.The use is easy and does not require particular attention, just wrap it on the neck/shoulders to have a pleasant and intense neck massage.
Once the massage has started with some comfortable buttons, the Electric neck massager Naipo behaves delicately thanks to the rotating and wrapping heads.
The shiatsu massage of the electric massager loosens the tension from the neck and shoulders already from the first minutes, and if the heating function of the heads is also activated, the pain begins to leave room for that dominant feeling of well-being.
The pressure exerted depends on how much “traction” is impressed on the comfortable handles, but in principle, it is never annoying even with relaxed arms.
HoMedics Shiatsu Deluxe – The Best Massager for Neck and Shoulder
Nothing could be simpler in using the homedics electric cervical massager. Positioned the collar on the shoulders, the sensation is immediately pleasant and enveloping. The power cord is long enough to sit on the sofa and enjoy TV during the neck massage.
The buttons of the electric massager to control the massage program are easily accessible and the effect of the spheres is able to give relief, even if by bending the head forward you get more benefits.
- With two plastic massage heads, the massage is pleasant and low-noise.
- The possibility of choosing the 2 types of massage is suitable for the product range with Massage and Massage + Heat.
Naipo foot message – Best Neck and Back Massager
The feet are an important part that supports the weight of the whole body, so why not spend a few minutes massaging tired feet after a hard day? Their nerve points connect all parts of the body and this plantar massager, with the compression of the shiatsu air of the plantar nodes, will make you a beneficial massage, with the comfort of staying at home, relaxing.
Choose from 3 timer settings (10/15/20 minutes) to select the time required for a healthy massage. The device has overheating protection for safer use; the use of removable and washable socks guarantees a hygienic use of the product. The relieving type heat (about 40 ° C) warms your feet promoting relaxation and blood circulation.
Features and functions:
Kneading massage, shiatsu, air compression and knots that simulate a manual massage
- 3 optional modes to combine the massage
- 3 timer settings
- even for people with poor blood circulation
- suitable for sizes up to 44 EU
- Dimensions: 47 x 27.5 x 43 cm
We like it:
- Easy to use
- Complete foot care
- Promotes relaxation
Homedics Foot Massager – Best Foot Pain Massager
This appliance proves to be an ideal ally if you want to relieve particularly tired and tired feet, perhaps after a long day at work. An invigorating and effective massage is performed through its six rotating knots, equipped with three heads each (for a total of 9 massage heads for each foot).
The simulation of the shiatsu effect on certain points on the sole of the foot is particularly pleasant. You can also select the heat function to increase the relaxing and soothing effect. The heat switches off automatically after 15/20 minutes. You can turn on the appliance directly with your foot.
Features and functions:
- 18 rotating knots (9 massage heads for each foot)
- Heat function
- Adjusting feet to stabilize the appliance on the floor
- Cable reel space under the unit
- Dimensions: 41x14x39 cm
We like it:
- Offers the right intensity of the massage
- The effect very similar to the manual massage
- It can also be used to massage ankles and calves
If you need Homedics percussion massager then read this article.
MARNUR Foot Massager- Best Shiatsu Foot Massager
The Marnur electric massager is a complete device, which offers everything you need to get a good foot massage. It is an American brand, which has dedicated many studies and attention to the search for a functional and competitive tool.
Includes pressotherapy, thermotherapy, and Shiatzu massage.
One of the most important features of the Marnur massager is that it is presented with 3 adjustable levels of use for each type of massage, and this is very useful for adapting the massage to any type of need.
Although the pressure is always present, this type of model offers the advantage that the material of the heels and instep is more flexible, so that the pressure exerted never becomes annoying.
For pressotherapy means the mechanical message performed by the machine whose inner bearing inflates and deflates, producing a wave from the salt plant of the foot towards the leg. This involves eliminating the stagnation of liquids and therefore considerable benefits, including the improvement of cellulite, localized swelling of the ankles, and the symptom of tired legs, as well as a pleasant and relaxing sensation!
It should be noted that the instrument switches off automatically after 15 minutes and that the external cover is detachable to allow thorough cleaning!
MANLI– Best Electric Scalp Head Massager
If you are looking for an inexpensive portable massager, MANLI has a great option. It is a mini head and scalp massager to hold in your hand and can easily fit into your bag.
Despite the low price, it has excellent features. It has 4 massage heads and a total of 24 notes made of softer and more ecological silicone that prevents hair from tangling.
The electric head massager is powered by the rechargeable lithium battery with an integrated socket and you can take it wherever you go. When fully charged, it can run for 90 minutes.
It also comes with an elegant base when traveling. The maintenance of this unit is quite simple as it is waterproof.
The head and hair massager is designed to simulate the fingers and can give you immediate relief against headaches. It can also be used to massage neck and shoulders and reduce muscle pain and stiffness.
What We Love
- Easy maintenance to clean the heads
- Soft materials
LATME– Best Portable Head Massager
This simple design head massager is a good choice if you are looking to stimulate hair growth or eliminate frequent headaches. It has four massage heads with 21 brushes each that rotate both clockwise and counterclockwise to give you a complete relaxing sensation. It is made of waterproof material that allows you to use it while taking a shower for an adequate scalp massage.
The unit has a button to turn on and off and another button to switch modes. The head massager also has a speed, charging and direction indicator which is very useful during use to quickly change settings. It can also be used for other parts of the body as it is designed to imitate human fingers and make a relaxing massage in its simplest form.
The unit comes with a charging base and a USB charging cable and, when fully charged, it normally lasts for a couple of hours. The price is very competitive and the functions are fit for purpose.
What We Love
- Portable and rechargeable
- Made with IPX-7 waterproof materials
How does a Zero Gravity massage chair work?
Are you feeling much tired after spending a long and busy workday? Now you are looking for a massage chair to feel spa-like relaxation in the comfort of your home. Right?
Zero gravity massage chair is best for you because a Zero gravity massage chair is a great mode to get away from it all without going anywhere at all.
A zero gravity massage chair is a gadget designed by scientists to improve mental and physical health, decrease stress, and reduce pressure throughout your body. It works by elevating your feet to be at the same level as your heart. When you attain this position, you reduce the toll that gravity takes on your body every day.
Scientists designed zero gravity chairs for NASA astronauts to minimize the strong tension feelings many astronauts face throughout a space takeoff. After observing their beneficial results, the manufacturers began to imitate the technology of zero gravity massage chairs for those who lived on earth and are looking for fast drainage of pressure either at work or at home. Most of us don’t have time to book a massage session and meditation. John Fiorentino, who established a New York City-based company, Good ones, made a beanbag-style zero gravity massage chair called Moon Pod.
How long can you use a Foot Massager?
We can never write a specific answer to this question how long can you use a Foot Massager? Usually, usage time varies from person to person according to their needs and relief. But here we will make a solution. There are so many factors that affect the time to use a foot massager. There is a comparative overview to find that answer.
- Individual needs: How long you can use a foot massager is depend on a person’s individual needs the level of stress or fatigue a person has after a long workday. As some people who feel too much pain in their foot after performing a minor task and use foot massager for a long time to relax and some others spend a long busy day but use foot massager only for 10 to 20 minutes at the end of the day.
- Individual Preferences: Some individuals give preference to use a foot massager for a long time while others want to spend more time walking rather than a foot massager to relax.
- Specific foot massager Model: You can also follow the user manual’s exact time for using a specific foot massager to satisfy your need. Either that is an electric or a manual foot massager.
- Feet tenderness: Foot tenderness is the main factor that decides how long you can use a foot massager. Because the sensitivity of feet varies according to age and gender like a mature man who has low-level tenderness in their feet can bear more trembling feelings relatively a teenager.
- Use a foot massager until it’s safe: You can use a foot massager until you find it safe for your feet and it does not hurt you. Like some people start feeling itchiness in their feet after some time of shaky feelings.
- Health conditions: Still, another picture is with your health conditions. We know people use foot massager due to different health issues, and some health issues are even more complicated than others. In this modern era, foot massager is the calmest way to tackle these issues. So how long you can use a Foot massager is depend on the complications that a person has. You can apply a foot massager for different spells. Here are some health conditions in which you should use a foot massager according to requirement.
- Arthritis and gout: People who are experiencing Arthritis and gout disorders can manage pain and uncomfortable condition by using a Foot massager regularly or if you cannot, must use four times a week. Foot massager will stimulate muscles and improve blood circulation, and in the long run, you will feel comfy.
- Migraine or headache: If you are the victim of a Migraine or headache and face it every day, then a foot massager is the best solution for your disease. You should use it regularly for 15 to 20 minutes. It will increase blood circulation in the body, and your migraines or headaches will improve.
- Plantar fasciitis: Plantar fasciitis is a common disorder in which a person feels pain in the heel bone that affects both young and old, especially in women, due to the excessive use of high heels regularly. By using a foot massager, you can reduce pain in the heel bone. You should use it for 30 minutes three times a week or when you feel severe pain.
- Menstruation: Mostly woman faces pain in the body during their menstruation period every month. The affected area varies across women but mostly feels stress in their feet. A foot massager can help women in their menstruation pain.
Do foot massagers help the elderly?
Indeed age is the game of numbers. But we can say as we start turning older, our bodies start losing their strength and emotional positivity. Older people get tired early, especially when they are facing muscles and joint pains in the legs and feet. That’s why the simples and beneficial remedy for body pains is Massage. Foot massagers will positively help the elderly.
Benefits of foot massagers for elderly
A foot massager can help the elderly in many ways.
- Solve aging-related pains: Due to growing age, older people start feeling muscle rigidity and joint pain after any small activity, even a few mile walk. Foot massagers are suitable to massage feet for pain relief.
- Improve circulatory problems: A key benefit of foot massagers is to improve blood circulatory problems in the body of seniors. Good blood circulation means good health.
- Boost emotional well-being: Usually, we noticed that old peoples are more emotional than youngers. They feel depressed, lonely, and stressed. A foot massager will help them to boost their emotional well-being. In their regular massage sessions, seniors can share their tensions with therapists to decrease anxiety.
- Handel diabetic neuropathy: Older people who are diabetic patients and facing swear diabetic neuropathy. Foot massagers can help them to handle diabetic neuropathy.
- Minimize sleep disorder: Moreover, people face sleep disorders in their growing age. Foot massagers can help them get better and peaceful sleep by increasing melatonin growth (a sleep hormone).
Will a foot massager help with diabetic neuropathy?
Being a healthy person, I know it’s tough to lead a healthy life if you suffer from diabetic neuropathy.
Diabetic is a severe disease. If you are also a diabetic patient, you must face diabetic neuropathy. Diabetic neuropathy is the sicknesses of foot nerves due to the high sugar level in the blood. Research shows that Millions of people throughout the world are facing pain and anxiety due to diabetic neuropathy. Unluckily, many diabetic patients are not familiar with the proper cure of feet in this condition. But the good news is that with your doctor’s help, and after reading this article, you will learn how diabetic neuropathy can cure by using a suitable foot massager. The best-suited foot massager can help diabetic neuropathy patients decrease stress, pain, and discomfort of feet. Although a foot massager cannot replace your diabetic neuropathy medicines, it can do wonders in healing your feet’ deadness and weakness.
Below are few significant benefits of foot massagers for diabetic neuropathy.
- Increased Blood Circulation: Researchers proved that proper blood circulation in the body could improve mental and physical health and a cure for many diseases. So if you want to cure numbness, burning, and infections of your feet, make sure to use a foot massager daily because appropriate blood circulation will improve your feet’ weak nerves.
- Improve week muscles: Diabetic neuropathy can affect your feet muscles too. By scheduling a foot massager regularly, you can strengthen your weak muscles through increased blood circulation and decreased muscle stress.
- Sharp heel pain: Sharp pain in the feet may cause different reasons like long working hours daily, low blood circulation and wearing uncomfortable shoes, etc. After a daily half-hour massage of foot massager, you can overcome the sharp pain in your heels and legs because all nerves are connected.
- Strengthen motor and sensory nerves: Unfortunately, diabetic neuropathy weakens both the patient’s motor and sensory nerves. It’s tough to say that weak motor nerves may cause pain, deadness, and even abnormal walk. On the other side when your sensory nerves become more fragile, you may lose the feeling of responsiveness, touch, shaking, and pain. So the best alternate solution is a foot massager to get motor nerves back in their previous good working condition.
Factors to consider when buying an electric massager
On the market there are really many electric massagers, often of different types. But how can you understand, among the best electric massagers, the one that best suits your needs? How can you find your way in this market?
To help you we have created a buying guide in which we will briefly consider some of the important points that you must evaluate when purchasing one of these appliances. This way you can easily understand what you actually need and proceed with the final choice. All you have to do is keep reading and, if necessary, take notes.
Types of Electric Massagers
Electric massagers can be distinguished on the basis of the shape they have. Evaluating this detail is important because it often allows you to define the areas on which you can use it and how extensive/extensible its action is. There are essentially 4 forms of massagers:
They are electric massagers usually used for the neck, but often they can also be used for other parts of the body. They are often equipped with an adjustable elastic to be able to place them on the back of a chair or car.
This typology has a U-shape, as specified in the name, and manages to cover a larger surface than the previous typology. It can easily embrace the neck and shoulders and often have special handles that allow you to manually adjust the grip and therefore the effect of the massage. Electric U-shaped massagers have a shape that allows them to be used easily on other parts of the body as well.
As evident from the name itself, it is an electric massager dedicated to the neck area. It has a shape that wraps around the neck and is one of the most advanced products for this specific area, often including a control panel.
Massager with handle
They are perhaps the most versatile electric massagers because they can reach all or almost all parts of the body, and can be applied almost anywhere. Compared to the previous ones, it can be less convenient because it must be managed manually: it must be positioned and held in position. The comfort of these massagers lies in the great versatility they offer.
They have the shape of the seat and can usually be placed on a chair, the sofa, and a few rare times on the car seat. This type of massager embraces practically the whole body or almost and often allows you to combine multiple types of massage.
Types of Massage
Electric massagers are able to perform different types of massages. The simplest appliances usually provide only one type of massage, while the best and most sophisticated are able to combine multiple types of massage simultaneously or alternately. The types of massage are mostly 4:
This type of massage is done through rotating balls that move clockwise and counterclockwise with an alternating movement. Simulates the shiatsu massage, usually carried out energetically and with the thumbs, and acts rather in-depth.
Also, in this case, the movement of spheres that move in different directions is exploited and is very suitable for muscle tension.
This type of movement is often found in electric seat-shaped massagers, exactly on the seat. It is a type of movement that tends to dissolve tensions and, acting on the buttocks and pelvis, tries to relieve the pain due to incorrect posture.
Percussion massage, implemented in some masseurs, has a deep and often quite intense, strong action. It is not suitable for those looking for a softer massage or has pains or problems that do not allow them to endure rather strong massages. They are small and frequent movements that affect the muscles, thereby relaxing the muscle and stimulating blood circulation.
The best electric massagers also add the possibility of activating the heat function to the massage. In this way, he will heat the part in contact with the skin. Or, in the case of pressure massagers, they will heat the tips of the heads that produce the massage and that are in contact with the skin.
The temperature reached is around 30-35 ° and, in some cases, it is reached quickly, in others it is necessary to wait a few more minutes. In all cases, the effect of heat is excellent because it increases the effectiveness of the massage, it has a relaxing effect in itself, and in addition to relaxing the muscle, it facilitates the relaxation of tensions. In addition, the heat helps to reduce the pain caused.
It is certainly a useful and, why not, pleasant feature. Most electric massagers implement this feature only in conjunction with massage. Optimal would be the possibility of activating the heat function even by itself.
The massage, whether through vibration, rotation, shiatsu, or other, is carried out with a certain frequency and intensity. The most basic and simple to use, as well as inexpensive, electric massagers usually have only one button to switch on and possibly add the heat function, but I do not provide any possibility of adjusting the parameters.
The most advanced masseurs, on the other hand, is best in this case, have the possibility to adjust the intensity of the massage and/or the rotation speed, for example of the balls, or the interval between one percussion and the other.
The power levels that can be selected are variable, from 3 to 5 and beyond. Surely this is a useful option because it allows you to modulate the massage adapting it to the area to be treated and to your current needs.
Type of power supply
The massagers currently on the market can provide two types of power supply, either current or battery. Usually, the devices with a greater amount of functionality are powered by current, also because this type of power supply guarantees the possibility of making the most of the massager’s power.
On the other hand, the battery massagers, often rechargeable and also equipped with car charger, are certainly more comfortable because you can always carry them with you and use them if necessary.
These also include massage cushions, for example, which can be used comfortably in the car. In this case, you cannot define which is the best of the two: it all depends on what your preferences are.
Almost all massagers are equipped with a protection function for both the device and the user, which activates the automatic switch-off function after a total of minutes to avoid overheating. If, on the one hand, this function is certainly important for the double protection it offers, on the other, it can be annoying for those who prefer to take advantage of long-lasting massages.
The best electric massagers often also offer accessories that allow, for example, to use the appliance on different parts of the body. In other cases, as for some percussion instruments, it includes different heads that have different effects, and therefore with a single device you can get different results, with greater versatility.
To satisfy your desire for massages …
we have entered this world, so that it was easier for you to find the best electric massager for you, the one that will help you relieve muscle tension and pain, often brought on by a lot of stress or incorrect postures.
In order to get a more complete picture, always remember to check the opinions of people who are already enjoying that masseur. You will also have effective feedback on the quality and functionality of the product. Now all you have to do is draw conclusions.
Think first: which type would you like to buy? A specific area or not? Do you prefer a shiatsu massager or a percussion massager? With or without heat function? And last but not least: how much do you want to spend?
In light of all these considerations, you just have to re-read the reviews and proceed with the purchase, to say goodbye to muscle pain and tension, and carve out a moment of relaxation in your home.