Last Updated on October 23, 2023 by Emily
One of the best ways to achieve lighter hair color is by bleaching it. Although bleaching can be harsh on your hair, if done correctly, it can give you the beautiful Asian hair color you desire. In this article, we will list down the best bleach for Asian hair, as well as provide some tips on how to safely bleach your hair.
Our #1 Pick – 1.1 Pound Tub Premium White Toner Dye Hair Bleach Powder Lightener + 13.5 OZ 9% 30 Vol Developer +More (White Lightening Powder)[amazon box =”B07WP97PW1″]
Helpful Information About Bleach For Asian Hair
Best way to bleach my Asian hair
The best way to bleach Asian hair is to use a product that is specifically designed for bleaching dark hair. These products will usually contain higher levels of hydrogen peroxide, which will help to lift the color more effectively.
Best way to care for bleached Asian hair
It’s important to use a deep conditioner or mask at least once a week to help keep your hair hydrated and healthy. You should also avoid using heat styling tools as much as possible.
Things You Need To Know/Do Before Bleaching Asian Hair
If you have decided that you want to go blonde, there are a few things you should know before making the big change. Here are a few tips:
- Decide what shade of blonde you want: If you have fair skin, you’ll want to choose a lighter blonde shade. If you have olive skin, go for a golden or honey blonde. And if you have dark skin, opt for a platinum or ash blonde.
- Consider your hair type: If you have straight hair, you’ll likely have an easier time achieving the blonde shade you want. However, if you have curly or wavy hair, you may need to use a different bleaching method to achieve the same results.
- Choose a good quality bleach.
- Find/Consult A Professional Hair Colorist: If you’re not confident in your ability to safely bleach your hair, it’s best to find a professional hair colorist who can help you achieve the shade you want. A professional colorist will be able to assess your hair type and choose the right products to use. They’ll also be able to give you tips on how to care for your hair after the bleaching process.
How long is the bleaching process?
The bleaching process can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days, depending on the level of lift you’re trying to achieve.
Why is Asian hair so difficult to dye blonde?
Asian hair is much more difficult to lighten than other types of hair. This is because Asian hair contains more melanin, which makes it harder to lift the color. In addition, bleaching Asian hair can often result in damage and breakage.
Tips for bleaching Asian hair
Here are some tips for bleaching Asian hair:
- Choose a product that is specifically designed for bleaching dark hair.
- Be careful when using box bleaches, as they can contain harsh chemicals.
- Use a deep conditioner or mask at least once a week to help keep your hair hydrated and healthy.
- The bleaching process can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days, depending on the level of lift you’re trying to achieve.
- Follow all instructions carefully to avoid damaging your hair.
How To Maintain Your Dyed Hair?
Once you’ve achieved the blonde shade you want, it’s important to take care of your hair to prevent damage. Here are a few tips:
- Avoid using heat styling tools as much as possible.
- Use a gentle shampoo and conditioner.
- Stay out of the sun as much as possible.
Top 10 Best Bleach For Asian Hair Consumer Reports[amazon bestseller =”Bleach For Asian Hair” items=”10″]
Wella Blondor Multi Blonde Powder Lightener
Hold the phone, beauty enthusiasts! Wella Blondor Multi Blonde Powder Lightener has marched into the spotlight, and I’ve taken it for an extensive test spin.
Tri-lightening Complex – Oh, the Heights You’ll Reach During my hands-on session, this gem’s tri-lightening complex was nothing short of magical. Achieving a lift of up to 7 levels on my typically resilient Asian hair? Groundbreaking.
Yellow-Orange, Who? Battling yellow-orange undertones is an age-old struggle. With this product’s anti-yellow molecules, I experienced a significant tone shift, gracefully sidelining those notorious warm hues.
Pre-Colored Strands, No Sweat A common hiccup for many is the unpredictable outcome on previously dyed hair. Here, Wella Blondor shined – delivering a crisp blonde, irrespective of any past color escapades.
Mixing: Child’s Play Ease of use? Spot on. I reveled in its creamy consistency and simple mix formula, making the bleaching process feel like a casual brunch rather than a precision task.
Sensitive Scalps, Meet Your Match Among its accolades, its adaptability stands out. Even with lower-volume developers, my sensitive scalp and I had no beef, achieving that sought-after blonde seamlessly.
Watch that Clock However, one should tread with caution. While its potency is admirable, Asian hair density means more product and time. My advice? Keep an eagle eye during the process and never exceed the 50-minute threshold. Patience over impatience; multiple sessions can achieve a platinum nirvana.
Evolution You Can See Having dabbled in multiple products over the years, the evolution in this Wella Blondor edition is evident. Past versions were commendable, but this iteration has truly nailed the challenges of Asian hair bleaching.
Design: User-Centricity at its Best Beyond the specs, what struck me was its design ethos. It’s more than just a bleach; it’s an experience tailored for user satisfaction from start to finish.
Zooming Out Drawing parallels with other brands, Wella Blondor clearly holds its ground, if not surpasses many. Its meticulously crafted formula and user-centric approach make it a front-runner in the bleaching arena.
|Comparison to Other Brands
|Lifts up to 7 levels
|Achieves a high lift even on resilient Asian hair
|Surpasses many in terms of levels of lift
|Remarkably effective, minimal sessions needed
|Not quantified, but significant effect
|Reduces yellow-orange undertones
|Superior in neutralizing unwanted hues
|Brighter, cleaner blonde results
|Usability on Pre-Colored Hair
|Effective on various dye shades
|Consistent blonde outcome regardless of past color
|Outperforms many with unpredictable results on dyed hair
|Hassle-free, predictable results
|Consistency and Mixing
|Simplifies the application process
|Easier than many grainier products
|Smooth, easy-to-mix formula
|Suitability for Sensitive Scalps
|Compatible with low-volume developers
|Gentle bleaching without scalp irritation
|Less irritation compared to other brands
|Comfortable, irritation-free application
When it comes to lightening and brightening Asian hair, the struggle is real. As someone who regularly dabbles in hair transformations, I’ve tried my fair share of bleaching products, and the Schwarzkopf BlondMe Color Powder Bleach Premium Lift 9+ stands out as the best bleach for Asian hair.
- Impressive Lightening Power: The Schwarzkopf BlondMe Premium Lift 9+ lives up to its claim of lifting up to nine levels. My naturally dark Asian hair has always been a challenge to bleach, but this product worked wonders in just half an hour. It left my hair significantly lighter without any brassy undertones.
- Pleasant Fragrance: Unlike many other bleaching products that have an overpowering and unpleasant smell, this one surprised me with its pleasant, almost flowery fragrance. It made the whole bleaching process feel like a self-care ritual, and it’s a small but delightful touch that sets it apart from competitors.
- Glossy, Healthy Finish: After using the Schwarzkopf BlondMe Premium Lift 9+, my roots had a glossy shine and felt surprisingly healthy. It’s a game-changer for those of us who have experienced dry, rough hair after bleaching. I was able to brush my hair easily without any damage.
- Moisturizing Formula: The inclusion of an oil formula with moisture-maintaining properties (six percent, 20 vol) is a boon for those with naturally dry hair. It helps maintain the hair’s moisture during and after the bleaching process, leaving your locks feeling soft and manageable.
- No Need for Toning: One of the most impressive aspects of this product is that it didn’t require additional toning. The result was a clean, even, and natural-looking blonde that exceeded my expectations.
While the Schwarzkopf BlondMe Premium Lift 9+ is a stellar product, it’s essential to use it with caution. Bleaching, in general, can be damaging to hair, so here’s a piece of advice: always follow the instructions and never exceed the recommended time limit.
In a world filled with bleach options, the Schwarzkopf BlondMe Color Powder Bleach Premium Lift 9+ stands tall as the best choice for Asian hair. Its impressive lightening power, delightful fragrance, and the ability to leave your hair feeling healthy and glossy make it a top-notch product. While bleaching will always come with some level of damage, this product minimizes the negative effects. If you’re in the market for a bleach that works wonders without wreaking havoc on your hair, this is the one to go for. Don’t just take my word for it – give it a try and experience the transformation for yourself.
|Schwarzkopf BlondMe Color Powder Bleach Premium Lift 9+
|Impressive (Lifts up to nine levels)
|Pleasant, almost flowery
|Glossy, healthy, minimal damage
|Oil formula with moisture-maintaining properties
|Need for Toning
|No need for additional toning
Manic Panic Flash Lightning Hair Bleach Kit
If you’re like me, an Asian with a penchant for experimenting with hair color, the quest for the perfect bleach can be a daunting one. Well, look no further, because the Manic Panic Flash Lightning Hair Bleach Kit might just be your golden ticket to vibrant, head-turning locks.
- Powerful Bleaching Action: The Manic Panic Flash Lightning Kit doesn’t mess around when it comes to lifting those natural pigments. I found it to be surprisingly potent, especially for Asian hair, which tends to be on the darker side. It effortlessly lightened my locks to a pale, even canvas, ready for whatever wild color I had in mind.
- Easy Application: The kit includes everything you need – from gloves to a mixing tub and brush. The step-by-step instructions are newbie-friendly. I appreciated the cap for even distribution, sparing me the hassle of uneven results.
- Speedy Processing: Time is of the essence when you’re bleaching your hair, and this kit gets that. It does its job in record time. I left it on for about 30 minutes, and voilà! Beautifully lightened locks.
- Affordable Price Point: When it comes to hair bleaching kits, you’d expect to break the bank for quality results. Not with Manic Panic. This kit comes at a wallet-friendly price without skimping on performance.
- Minimal Damage: While bleach is never a hair’s best friend, this kit does a commendable job at minimizing damage. I experienced less hair breakage and dryness compared to some other brands. Plus, the kit includes a developer with a reasonable volume, which helps protect your scalp.
What I Love the Most: The ease of use really stands out for me. Even for a first-timer, the Manic Panic Flash Lightning Kit ensures that the entire process is relatively painless and straightforward. Plus, the affordability makes it accessible for anyone looking to change up their hair game.
What I Don’t Like (Reframed): While I didn’t encounter any major issues, it’s worth mentioning that the bleach can have a strong odor, which might not be the most pleasant experience. However, considering the results, it’s a minor trade-off.
In conclusion, if you’re in the market for a reliable and wallet-friendly bleach kit, the Manic Panic Flash Lightning Hair Bleach Kit should be at the top of your list. It’s potent, easy to use, and gentle on your locks compared to many other options out there. So, why wait? Take the plunge and unlock a world of vibrant hair colors with this fantastic kit. Your hair transformation journey starts here!
|Manic Panic Flash Lightning Kit
|Ease of Application
|User-friendly and cost-effective
L’Oreal Paris Hyper Platinum Advanced Lightening System Hair Bleach
If you’re on a quest for beautifully bleached Asian hair, look no further than the L’Oreal Paris Hyper Platinum Advanced Lightening System Hair Bleach. I embarked on a journey to transform my brown locks into a stunning shade of blonde, and this bleach proved to be a game-changer in the haircare department.
- Gentle on Prepped Hair: Before diving into the bleaching process, I took the time to prep my hair. I washed it less, used nourishing hair masks, and even applied a touch of argan oil. The L’Oreal Hyper Platinum bleach proved to be a perfect match for my prepped hair. It didn’t exacerbate any damage but instead gave me the confidence that my hair could handle the transformation.
- Effective Lightening: The real star of the show here is the bleach itself. L’Oreal is a brand I’ve trusted for years, and their Feria Hyper Platinum bleach didn’t disappoint. It promised to lighten up to eight levels, and boy, did it deliver! After leaving it in for 50 minutes, I witnessed a remarkable shift from brown to blonde without any excessive damage.
- Impressive Toning: After the bleach, it was time to tackle any residual brassiness. I concocted a mixture of Wella T14 and 050 with a 20 volume developer cream, and it did wonders. The toner eradicated those dreaded orange and yellow tones, leaving me with a much-desired blonde hue.
- Budget-Friendly: Unlike some high-end salon treatments, the L’Oreal Hyper Platinum bleach won’t break the bank. For around ten dollars, you can achieve salon-quality results without emptying your wallet.
- Toner Quantity: While the toner worked like a charm, I found that a single bottle of Wella T14 wasn’t quite enough to cover my entire head thoroughly. If you have long or thick hair, I’d recommend getting two bottles to ensure comprehensive coverage.
In conclusion, the L’Oreal Paris Hyper Platinum Advanced Lightening System Hair Bleach is undoubtedly the best bleach for Asian hair. It’s gentle on prepped locks, effectively lightens, and pairs perfectly with a quality toner. While I wished for a bit more toner in one bottle, the overall experience was fantastic. If you’re ready to embark on a hair transformation journey, this bleach should be your trusted companion. Say goodbye to dull brown and hello to stunning blonde with L’Oreal!
|L’Oreal Paris Hyper Platinum Advanced Lightening System Hair Bleach
|Prepping and Hair Health
|Gentle on prepped hair, nourishing masks, and oil
|Lightens up to eight levels
|Effectively eliminates orange and yellow tones
|Affordable at around ten dollars
|One bottle may not be sufficient for long or thick hair
Clairol Professional Bw2 Powder Lightener
Looking to transform your Asian hair with highlights, balayage, or other off-scalp lightening techniques? Enter the Clairol Professional Bw2 Powder Lightener, your ticket to a dazzling hair makeover. Fear not the DIY process, for this bleach powder offers complete control and lightning-fast results.
1. Extra-Strength Formula: This bleach means business. It’s armed with an extra-strength formula that Asian hair, notorious for its dark pigments, surrenders to. No more struggling to achieve your desired hair color; this bleach handles it with ease.
2. Versatile Usage: The Clairol Professional Bw2 Powder Lightener isn’t limited by subtlety or drama. Whether you’re aiming for understated highlights or a bold balayage effect, this bleach has your back. Its balanced lightening effect ensures a harmonious transformation, regardless of your chosen style.
3. Fast Results: Anxiety about bleaching Asian hair at home? Say goodbye to worries. This bleach delivers speedy results, allowing you to witness the transformation in no time. Your hair will lighten evenly, instilling confidence in the process.
4. Compatibility: Adjust the bleach’s potency to your liking by mixing it with a 10, 20, or 30 volume developer. It adapts to your style preferences, accommodating various hair types and desired outcomes.
5. Rich, Creamy Consistency: The bleach’s rich and creamy consistency simplifies application. No more struggling with clumps or uneven distribution. It glides onto your hair effortlessly, ensuring a seamless and consistent result.
6. Dedusted Formula: Ever dealt with excessive dust while mixing and applying bleach? Not here. The dedusted formula of Clairol Professional Bw2 Powder Lightener eliminates this nuisance, streamlining the process and minimizing mess.
While the Clairol Professional Bw2 Powder Lightener boasts numerous advantages, it’s important to note that the bleach can leave your hair feeling slightly dry and tangly after the process. However, this doesn’t overshadow its impressive lightening capabilities and ease of use.
In conclusion, the Clairol Professional Bw2 Powder Lightener emerges as a top choice for transforming Asian hair. Its extra-strength formula, versatility, and rapid results make it a standout option. While it may leave your hair feeling a tad dry, the benefits far outweigh this minor drawback. If you’re ready for a hair makeover that’s under your control, this bleach is your trusted companion. Explore the possibilities and unlock the potential of your Asian hair with Clairol Professional Bw2 Powder Lightener.
|Clairol Professional Bw2 Powder Lightener
|Suitable for various lightening techniques
|Mix with 10, 20, or 30 volume developer
|Rich, creamy consistency
|Hair Quality Post Coloring
|Slightly dry and tangly
Beauteen Base Up Bleach
If you’ve got Asian hair like me, you know the struggle of trying to achieve that perfect shade without compromising the health of your locks. Enter the Beauteen Base Up Bleach – a game-changer in the world of hair color for us East Asians. Having put it through its paces, here’s why I believe it’s the best choice for Asian hair.
- Effective and Gentle: The Beauteen Base Up Bleach strikes the perfect balance between effectiveness and gentleness. It lightens hair without wreaking havoc on its health. I experienced this first-hand as my hair felt soft and manageable even after multiple applications.
- Ample Color Variety: This bleach offers an array of color options, from cherry pink to mahogany brown. I’ve tried the cherry pink brown, and the results were impressive. It gave me a lovely, natural-looking color that wasn’t too brassy.
- User-Friendly Packaging: The packaging is practical and easy to use. It includes everything you need: cream color, cream developer, gloves, and instructions. Even if you’re not fluent in Japanese, the picture instructions are intuitive to follow. I found this particularly helpful.
- Post-Treatment Included: Beauteen cares about your hair’s health. They include a post-treatment solution that leaves your hair feeling super smooth and looking shiny. I loved how it added that extra layer of care to my hair.
- Budget-Friendly: In the world of hair coloring, quality often comes at a steep price. But Beauteen Base Up Bleach breaks that stereotype. It delivers impressive results without breaking the bank. It’s perfect for those who want salon-quality hair without the salon prices.
Minor Scent: The one downside I found was the smell. While it’s not overpowering, it’s not the most pleasant fragrance either. But let’s reframe this: it’s a small price to pay for fabulous hair, right?
In conclusion, Beauteen Base Up Bleach has proven itself as a reliable, budget-friendly option for Asian hair. Its effectiveness, wide color range, user-friendly packaging, and post-treatment care make it stand out in the crowded world of hair bleaching products. The minor scent issue is just that – minor. If you’re looking to transform your Asian hair into a vibrant, healthy canvas for creative color, look no further. Give Beauteen Base Up Bleach a try; your hair will thank you.
|Beauteen Base Up Bleach
|Effective and Gentle
|Wide Range of Options
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) & Facts About Bleach For Asian Hair
How do I choose a flattering blonde shade for my complexion?
When choosing a blonde shade, it’s important to consider your complexion. If you have fair skin, you’ll want to choose a lighter blonde shade. If you have olive skin, go for a golden or honey blonde. And if you have dark skin, opt for a platinum or ash blonde.
Do I need to use a toner after bleaching my Asian hair?
Can I use a box bleach on my Asian hair?
Yes, you can use a box bleach on your Asian hair. However, it’s important to be careful when using this type of bleach. Box bleaches often contain harsh chemicals that can damage your hair.
Can I use bleach on my Asian hair if I’m pregnant or if I’m breastfeeding?
No, you should not use bleach on your Asian hair if you’re pregnant. But Yes, you can use bleach on your Asian hair while breastfeeding. However, it’s important to make sure that the product you’re using is safe for both you and your baby.
Why do Asians bleach orange?
Since the red pigment is the hardest to lift, people encounter the orange phase more.
How do you bleach Asian hair roots?
There are many ways to bleach Asian hair roots. One of the most common methods is to use a combination of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. You may also try mixing ammonia and water or lemon juice and vinegar.
How to bleach Asian hair to white ?
When you bleach Asian hair, you bleach the color out of it—Mix 1 part hydrogen peroxide with two parts water in a spray bottle. Spray the mixture on your hair and allow it to sit for 30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water. This will lighten your hair and will make it look whiter.
What is the best bleach for Asian hair?
If you want to bleach Asian hair, you should use a product that has a higher percentage of hydrogen peroxide.
What are the side effects of bleach for Asian hair?
Bleach is a powerful chemical that can damage the scalp and cause hair loss. It should only be used on the ends of your hair and never on your scalp.
How long can you leave the bleach on Asian hair?
Bleach can be used for up to 30 minutes on Asian hair.
What is the best way to bleach Asain hair roots at home?
The best way to bleach Asian hair roots is to use a home bleaching kit with a lightener. It will lighten the hair and make it appear more white.
How often should I use bleach on my Asian hair?
It depends on the type of hair. For blonde hair, you should use it every week or two. For red hair, you should use it every month. For black hair, you should use it every month.
When it comes to bleaching your hair, you want to make sure that you do it right. If you don’t use the proper products, you could end up damaging your hair. That’s why we’ve put together a complete guide with facts and list of the best bleaches for Asian hair, so you can make sure that you’re using the right product for your hair type.