Last Updated on September 24, 2023 by Emily
One of the most frustrating things about having a curly doll is that their hair can become frizzy and unmanageable. Fortunately, you can do a few things to help fix this issue.
Causes Of Curly Doll Hair
There are a few different things that can cause curly doll hair, including:
Humidity: If the air is too humid, it can cause the hair to frizz and become unmanageable.
Lack Of Conditioner: Curly hair must be moisturized to stay healthy and tame. If you don’t use a conditioner, the hair will become dry.
Poor Brushing: If you don’t brush the hair properly, it can become tangled and matted.
Things Require Fixing Curly Hair
- Wide-Tooth Comb
- Fine Tooth Comb (Optional)
- Bottle Of Diluted Gel (2 Squirts Of Gel Diluted In A Whole Bottle Of Water)
- Shampoo (Optional)
Steps To Fix Curly Doll Hair
Start with a clean slate. Make sure your doll’s hair is clean and free of any knots or tangles before you start straightening it. You can use mild shampoo and conditioner to do this.
- Fill a bowl with hot water (not boiling) and place your wide tooth comb in it. Leave the comb in the water for a few minutes to soften the bristles.
- Start at the bottom of the doll’s hair and work your way up, carefully combing through any knots or tangles.
- Once the hair is free of tangles, apply a generous amount of conditioner to the hair.
- Use the wide tooth comb to distribute the conditioner through the hair evenly.
- Leave the conditioner for a few minutes before rinsing it with lukewarm water.
- Towel dry the doll’s hair and then brush it with a fine tooth comb to detangle it.
- Divide the hair into sections and clip them up out of the way.
- Start with one section of hair and apply a generous amount of gel to it. Use the comb to distribute the gel through the hair evenly.
- Place the hair between the two heated plates of the hair straightener and close it.
- Run the straightener down the length of the hair a few times until the hair is straight.
- Repeat this process with each section of hair until all of the doll’s hair is straight.
- Use a doll hair spray to hold the style in place.
- Let the hair cool, then brush it out to remove any remaining gel.
- Style the hair as desired.
Can You Straighten Curly Doll Hair?
Yes, you can use a doll hair straightener to eliminate frizz and give your doll’s hair a sleeker appearance. However, you must be careful not to overdo it, as too much heat can damage the hair.
How Often Should You Wash Curly Doll Hair?
You should generally wash your curly doll hair every two weeks. However, if the hair looks greasy or dirty, you can wash it more frequently.
Can You Curl Doll Hair With A Curling Iron?
Yes, you can curl doll hair with a curling iron. Just make sure to use a low heat setting and not overheat the hair. Curling the hair with a curling iron is a great way to add body and volume. You can also use hot rollers to curl the hair.
Why Is My Doll’s Hair Curly?
There are a few reasons why your doll’s hair might be curly.
- The hair is dry or not being brushed properly.
- It could also be because the wrong product is used on the hair.
How Can I Make My Doll’s Hair Shine?
You can do a few things to make your doll’s hair shine.
- Use a mild shampoo and conditioner to clean your hair.
- Use a leave-in conditioner or a detangling spray.
- Applying a little olive oil or coconut oil on the hair can help the hair shine.
- Make sure not to use too much, or the hair will become greasy.
- You can also try using a commercial hair shine product.
Can You Use Regular Shampoo On Doll Hair?
Yes, you can use regular shampoo on doll hair. However, choosing a mild shampoo that won’t strip the hair of its natural oils is essential. You might also want to consider using a conditioner to help keep the hair soft and manageable.
Is Curly Hair Best For The Doll?
It depends on your personal preference. Some people prefer curly hair because it’s more fun and easy to style. Others prefer straight hair because it’s easier to care for.