- 1 What is sciatica, and how can it be treated?
- 2 Symptoms of Sciatica
- 3 Causes of Sciatica
- 4 Benefits of using a Massage chair for the treatment of Sciatica
- 5 How does a massage chair help and provide relief with sciatica pain?
- 6 Who should use a massage chair for the treatment of Sciatica?
- 7 Who shouldn’t use a massage chair for the treatment of sciatica?
- 8 Important to know before buying or Using a massaging chair to treat sciatica symptoms
- 9 Best type of massage for Sciatica
- 10 Get Energized to Relieve Sciatica Pain with Shiatsu Massagers
- 11 Benefits of a Zero Gravity Chair for Sciatica
What is sciatica, and how can it be treated?
Sciatica is a condition that affects the sciatic nerve, causing pain to travel through this large nerve. The pain commonly experienced from sciatica can be debilitating and may often radiate from the lower back throughout the legs and into the feet. While sciatica pain typically only lasts a few weeks or months, many people seek treatment to help cope with the discomfort and find relief.
Treatment options for sciatica include conservative treatments such as rest, ice packs and medication; epidural steroid injections to help reduce the inflammation of the nerve root; physical therapy for regaining strength and range of motion; and, in severe cases, surgery to move the nerve root away from the irritated area.
Symptoms of Sciatica
Sciatica is the most common cause of persistent leg pain. Symptoms include “pain that shoots down the leg, numbness and a tingling sensation in the buttocks and down the leg”.Several different conditions and diseases can cause sciatic nerve pain.
Causes of Sciatica
Many people experience pain that is believed to be related to the sciatic nerve. Typically, this pain goes away on its own, but it can be not easy to diagnose the underlying cause in some cases. Sciatica is a common form of lower back pain.
In other words, Sciatica pain can be caused by a variety of reasons, including injury, medical conditions such as a herniated disc in the lower back, degenerative discs in the spine, or increased pressure on the sciatic nerve itself (which often happens when there is a narrowing in the region where the nerve is situated). In many cases, people will feel a pinching or jabbing pain in their buttocks and legs when they suffer from sciatica. The pain may worsen when sitting down, bending over, running, coughing, sneezing or during pregnancy.
Benefits of using a Massage chair for the treatment of Sciatica
Using a massage chair to help treat a condition like sciatica can benefit. There are several different treatment options available for those suffering from sciatica. It is important to note that not all of these options are the same or are appropriate for each patient. One of the more common options for patients suffering from sciatica is massage chairs.
How does a massage chair help and provide relief with sciatica pain?
Massage has been a healing method for thousands of years. Massage increases drainage and circulation, reducing muscle buildup, a known cause of sciatica pain.
- Help with Sciatica Pain by Massaging the Spine: Sciatica occurs when the sciatic nerve becomes pinched. By massaging the spine, a massage chair helps to release muscle tension and provide relief from sciatica pain. The pinched nerve gets removed and soothes the pain.
- Help with Sciatica Pain by Massaging the Sciatic Nerve: Massaging the sciatic nerve can soothe and ease the soreness and pain. The massage chair releases pressure from the nerves, which is a major cause of sciatica pain.
- Help with Sciatica Pain by Massaging the Muscles that are Causing Sciatica Pain: Muscles that are constantly tight can cause sciatic nerve pain. Massaging these muscles can relax them and reduce the chance for future episodes of sciatica pain.
- Help with Sciatica Pain by Relaxing Muscles: When muscles are tight and sore, they can produce sciatica pain. Relaxing muscles increase blood flow and stimulate serotonin production, a natural chemical that makes you feel good and relaxed.
- Help with Sciatica Pain by Improving Circulation and Increasing Oxygen Flow to the Muscles: Increases blood flow and oxygen flow to the muscles, which helps remove lactic acid from the muscles. Lactic acid is what causes soreness in muscles after exercise. Tense muscles are also more likely to spasm, which can cause additional sciatica pain. Relaxing the muscles with a massage will reduce the chance of spasms.
- Help with Sciatica Pain by Reducing Stress: Stress is one of the most common causes of sciatica pain. Stress raises the heart rate, puts excess pressure on the spine and cause pinching of the nerve roots. Relaxing with massage reduces stress and gives you some time to yourself.
- Help with Sciatica Pain by Preventing Stress Reactions: Stressful reactions to everyday events can cause the muscles to tense up and increase the risk for sciatica pain. A massage chair helps to prevent these reactions and give you some time to relax.
- Help with Sciatica Pain by Reducing Anxiety: Massage can help reduce your anxiety and provide you with a sense of calmness. Relaxation is one of the best ways to help relieve sciatica pain.
Who should use a massage chair for the treatment of Sciatica?
Massage chairs for sciatica treatment are mainly used by people who are not satisfied with the results of medical treatment. In most cases, the pain of sciatica is caused by inflammation of the sciatic nerve roots, and the inflammation can sometimes be treated inappropriately by using a painkiller. While a massage chair is not a replacement for medical treatment, it can still help relieve some of the pain from sciatica. If this does not help, the next step is to visit a specialist to give a diagnosis and the appropriate treatment.
Who shouldn’t use a massage chair for the treatment of sciatica?
Massage chairs are indeed a great way to get relief from sciatica. Still, a few people shouldn’t use them: Pregnant women, people who have a pacemaker, those who are currently taking heart medications, or those who are allergic to massage chairs shouldn’t use them.
Important to know before buying or Using a massaging chair to treat sciatica symptoms
You need to know several things before deciding to purchase a massaging chair. Since you have sciatica, you will want to make sure that the chair you select will provide you with the relief you need. The first thing you need to know is its ability to reach your lower back. If you don’t have the proper support, your pain may increase, or you may have difficulty falling asleep. Always read the product information before you buy to make an informed decision.
You should read the instructions on using your massaging chair to treat your sciatica symptoms. You should check if the machine is working correctly by testing it on your own body. You could have it checked by a physical therapist if you have issues with the massage. You should bring the user manual to your doctor so you and your doctor will get familiar with the massage chair for sciatica. It would help if you kept the massage chair for sciatica clean, so it will not lead to infections. Make sure you will not spill any water onto the chair.
Best type of massage for Sciatica
According to research, the best type of massage for sciatica is the lymphatic drainage massage. Your doctor or physiotherapist will be able to recommend this type of massage. The therapist applies gentle pressure to the tissue surrounding your spleen, chest, and back during a lymphatic drainage massage. Regular chiropractic appointments and a healthy lifestyle can also help you deal with back pain.
Get Energized to Relieve Sciatica Pain with Shiatsu Massagers
When we feel good, everything goes right with our health and everything else in our lives. Everyday aches and pains are the most common problems we all face at one point in our lives. Sciatica pain is one of them. People suffering from it are always looking for effective ways to get rid of the pain. Shiatsu Massagers can provide instant relief from sciatica pain. The two heavy-duty rollers are designed to provide a soothing, deep massage as they roll over your back and limbs. The controls help you adjust the intensity of the massage, and you can use it on your own without the help of any other person.
The best thing about shiatsu massagers is that the vibration works wonders to stimulate blood circulation, which is crucial in massaging the areas around it and effectively dealing with the pain. Shiatsu massagers have been known to work wonders to relieve sciatica pain. They have been proven to be a highly effective treatment method since they can massage the areas around the sciatic nerve, which is the main cause of sciatica pain. Also, you can use the shiatsu massagers to massage other areas of the body. The best thing about this is that it can help you relax while the massager is at work, effectively helping you to get rid of any soreness or pain you may be feeling at the moment.
Benefits of a Zero Gravity Chair for Sciatica
A zero gravity chair has many benefits for sciatica patients. In its simplest form, the chair helps people relax. It is especially beneficial for people with sciatica because it allows their body to relax, which can reduce pain and can even help them fall asleep. Another benefit of a zero gravity chair for sciatica sufferers is that it can help improve circulation. When people with sciatica are upright, their circulation is poor. The zero gravity position can help the blood flow better, relieving pain. It can also lower the risk of blood clots in the legs, another concern for sciatica sufferers.